Dave Peterson

Default Have Excel treat documents as Word does

One thing that I do to remind me that excel is different is to make sure that:
tools|options|view tab|windows in taskbar
is turned off.

Then it really looks like I'm closing the application when I use that
application's X. And I know to be more careful.

Frustrated Excel User wrote:

I do but sometimes in a rush I forget which sheet I want to save or not, My
point is that in Word each document acts like an appication and you can click
on the close button without closing the other documents. I find this
convenient and don't see why Excel does not behave in the same way. What's
annoyong is that it partially acts like this in that each open sheet appears
in the Taskbar. Why not go the whole hog and behave like Word?

"Frustrated Excel User" wrote:

In Word the application is not closed until all documents are closed. However
when you close Excel, it closes all documents. This difference has caused me
to lose unsaved sheets because I keep expecting Excel to behave the same as
Word.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Dave Peterson