Peo Sjoblom

Default Average starting with first month

Aha

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
But Jim needs to have mo2 and mo5 treated as 0's in product 3.

If I were doing this, I'd put 0's where I need 0's and N/A in the cells
that
didn't apply.

But that doesn't get YOU off the hook!

Peo Sjoblom wrote:

Can't you just average each row, average does not include blanks as
opposed
to zeros and
from your example it looks like the cells are empty

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Jim" wrote in message
I have a large worksheet of sales data where products are down the rows
and
months are across columns. I would like a formula to calculate the
average
monthly sales but only inlude those months starting with the month of
first
sale going forward. If a sale month is zero the cell is blank Example
worksheet:

Mo1 / Mo2 / Mo3 / Mo4 / Mo 5
Product 1 10 / 10 / 8 / 8 / 9 Avg = 9 (Avg includes all
months)
Product 2 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 6 Avg = 6 (Avg excludes Mo 1 of
zero)
Product 3 10 / / 8 / 7 / Avg = 5 (Avg includes Mo 2 & 5
of
zero)
etc

Any ideas? Thanks, Jim.