Perplexed

Default rows 1-2 missing from excel worksheet

I'm updating data on a workbook I didn't create. Worksheet A begins on line
1, worksheet B and C begin on line 3. Lines 1 and 2 are missing from the
worksheet. If you attempt to insert a line on worksheets B or C the new line
inserts below line 3.

I've tried various things...unhide rows, search options, etc. Does anyone
encountered this problem? And more importantly does anyone know how to fix
this problem? It is an ongoing problem which is effecting multiple
workbooks. My excel has been reinstalled so it isn't my version of excel
that is corrupted.

Thank you.