Ron Rosenfeld

On 3 Nov 2004 08:06:31 -0800, (Eric) wrote:

If I had a cell that contains the following:
Delivered 11/24

Is there some way I can tell another cell to subtract just the date
from another date? For instance, if the other cell has 10/25 in it, I
want to use a datedif function to tell me the number of days between
the two dates (i.e. datedif(a1,a2,"d"). A1 is the cell with 10/25 in
it, and a2 is the cell with delivered 11/24 in it. I need a formula
in place of a2 that will look past the word delivered and retrieve the
date so it can complete the formula.

Any ideas?

Assuming the format of A2 is exactly as you state, with the date at the end of
the string and following a single space, then:

=(MID(A2,1+FIND(" ",A2),255))-A1

Format the result as General or Number

--ron