Zack Barresse

Default limiting or deleting extra characters in a cell

Hi there,

You could use Data Validation to limit number of characters in the Excel
spreadsheet. Data | Validation | Custom | ..

=LEN(A1)<2

Where A1 is the cell selected.

HTH

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)
To email, remove the NO SPAM. Please keep correspondence to the board, as
to benefit others.

"dprichard" wrote
in message ...

I have an excel file I need to import into a program. The program I am
importing the item into has limitations on the number of characters
that can be in the cells. Some of the items in the excel spreadsheet
have more then that number of characters. Is there any way I can limit
the number of characters that can be entered into a cell and have it
delete the extra characters that are in there?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
dprichard
dprichard's Profile: