bpeltzer

Default Worksheet IF Functions

Create a table that shows your ranges and use a vlookup to make the assignment.
Ex: in AA1:AA4 enter the breakpoints: 0,80,85,90 and in AB1:AB4 the
corresponding grades: F,B+,A-,A (of course you'll complete the entire table).
Then in k5: =vlookup(j5,$AA1:$AB4,2,true) (chage the ending cell $AB$4 to
point to the end of your completed table)
--Bruce

"AlvinAlvin" wrote:

How do I create a function that will give letter grades for students within
a certain range. For example, John Doe has 89.6 and my grading scale is 90
and above A, 85-89 is an A-, 80-84 is a B+.

The percentages that have been calculated are in cell J5 and I would like
the answers in K5.

Thanks in advance