NHarkawat

No direct formula but you can try his after a couple of steps
create in a separate area a table with 1st column January,feb...thru
december and against each ones type 1, 2 ..thru 12
use this formula in col C assuming col A has "January" and col B has "11th"
=DATE(2004,VLOOKUP(A1,$I$1:$J$12,2,0),LEFT(B1,SUMP RODUCT(--ISNUMBER(-LEFT(B1
,ROW(INDIRECT("1:2")))))))
Since year was not given I assumed 2004 and assumed cell I1 thru J12
contains the table I told you to create in 1st step

"Ket" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using Windows XP with Office XP. I have two columns. Column A
contains months of the year in the format January, March December etc.
Column B contains dates in the format 11th, 16th, 20th etc.
Is it possible to combine these two cells to produce a date? Can a
sort then be undertaken on this new date column so that all
information is sorted chronologically?
I tried using concatenate to combine the cells but couldn't get them
to be recognised as dates.
Thanks in advance for all your assistance.

Ket
London