Dave Peterson

Default How do I list info from one worksheet to another.....

I think you'd want to use something like:

=vlookup(a2,'lot check'!a:b,2,false)

If the lookup key was in column A and you wanted to bring back the value from
column B.

But since your data isn't laid out in that order, you can use =index(match())

=index('lot check'!a:a,match(a2,'lot check!'b:b,0))

Debra Dalgleish's has some notes you may like:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match()))

P.T. in Phx wrote:

Here is my problem, I have one sheet that has info that is being listed on
another seperate sheet. I can get the info to populate the cell, but it will
put the last set of numbers in a cell if the listing is not there. Here is
the formula I am using:
=LOOKUP(A2,'Lot Check'!$B$2:$B$167,'Lot Check'!$A$2:$A$167)
I have tried vlookup and they do not seem to work. Any help would be great.

Thanks
P.T. in Phx

--

Dave Peterson