Max

say I want the text colour to be red whenever a cell
contains text instead of number ..

Try ..

Select col A
Click Format Conditional Formatting

Condition 1:
Formula is: =ISTEXT(A1)
Format Font tab Red/bold
OK out

Btw, I've given you some suggestions to your original post
in the other thread. How did these go with you ?

--
Rgds
Max
"Kim" wrote in message
Govind,
Thanks for your quick reply, I tried typing in something like this in the
(formats, cells, custom) "=if(istext(range),true,[red])" but excel tells

me
it can't use the formula, am I missing your drift?
say I want the text colour to be red whenever a cell contains text instead
of number, can you help me more?

Cheers

Kim

"Govind" wrote:

Hi,

Lets say the text is in A1,

Go to conditional formatting,Choose Formula is and type in

=IF(ISTEXT(A1),TRUE,FALSE)

and then choose your format.

Regards

Govind.

Kim wrote:
Hi
Can some one help to setup a conditional format, the condition is turn

the
text red when ever the cell contains an "X". I can see the examples

given
for numbers but not text and I tried substitute for text but still no

joy an
dended up with lots of duff conditions in the examples.
Please help.

Cheers

Kim