Kam

Default Count by color using VBA in Microsoft Excel

I am having the following formula to count on the basis of colour. For example
Total 12 cell out of which Red - 1, Yellow - 5 & Green - 6 so by using this
formula this should give proper count as mentioned above.

I need you assistance as i have never used macro using VBA in Microsoft
Excel.

Could you please guide me (Step by Step) how to run this macro in excel.

Appreciate your kind assistance.

Thanks in advance.
Kamlesh

Function CountByColor(InputRange As Range, ColorRange as Range) As Long
Dim cl As Range, TempCount As Long, ColorIndex As Integer
ColorIndex = ColorRange.Cells(1, 1).Interior.ColorIndex
TempCount = 0
For Each cl In InputRange.Cells
If cl.Interior.ColorIndex = ColorIndex Then
TempCount = TempCount + 1
End If
Next cl
Set cl = Nothing