Domenic

Default Return Range of Numerical Values in Single Column based on Frequency Percentage

To return the minimum and maximum, we can adapt Ron's formulas as
follows...

=MIN(IF(A2:A100<"",IF(COUNTIF(A2:A100,A2:A100)/COUNT(A2:A100)C2,A2:A100
)))

and

=MAX(IF(COUNTIF(A2:A100,A2:A100)/COUNT(A2:A100)C2,A2:A100))

....where C2 contains your criteria, such as 70% or .70. Both these
formulas need to be confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER.

With regards to filtered data, I would use a formula or several formulas
(for efficiency) to create a new list of the filtered data on a separate
sheet (which can be hidden) and then use the above formulas on the new
list.

If you'd like to try it and need help, post back.

Hope this helps!

In article <56638f64018ff@uwe, "Sam via OfficeKB.com" <u4102@uwe
wrote:

Hi All,

I have a single column of numerical values that may repeat many times within
the column.

I require a flexible Formula:
Use an Input Cell for the specified and changeable Percentage(s) %.
Column may be filtered – so only take into account Visible Filtered Cells.

The Formula will calculate and Return the numerical range of values that fall
between the specified percentage % (using the Input Cell) e.g.; 70%.

The Formula should Return two numeric values: a Start Value and an End Value
– NOT necessarily the minimum and maximum per se BUT the MIN and MAX of the
values that appear 70% of the time in the column; therefore, taking into
account Repeat / Duplicate values.

The calculated Results: the two numeric values will be returned to separate
cells on a new Sheet.

Thanks
Sam