Alex

Glenda

I think I can help.

Suppose column A has numbers 1 to 10 in cells A1:A10.

You want to change them to negative numbers. Left click on column A to
highlight the entire column. Then right-click on Column A and select <Format
Cells.... In the Category menu select <Custom [Usually at the bottom].
Underneath the word <Type is a space to customise your own format. In that
space type '-#' [quotation marks not required]. Then click <OK. That will
change your values to negatives.

To change them back to positive, follow the above plan but change '-#' to '#'.

I hope this helps. If not do write back and I will endeavour to assist
further.

Regards

Alex
"Glenda" wrote:

Is there a way through formatting of cells to change
columns of positive numbers to negative or columns of
negative numbers to positive??

Appreciate your help,

Glenda.