Louise

Default Advanced Filters

Blimey, I didn't think it would be that complicated!! Excel and dates just
don't go together, do they?

I'll give it a go.

Thank you.

"bpeltzer" wrote:

You'll have to help Excel understand the 1/1/05. Change the date criterion
to =" "& DATE(2005,1,1). With the DATE function, you can understand and
change it, and Excel can convert it to a number for its use in the filter.

"Louise" wrote:

I have a worksheet containing various data, including staff names, their
start date and the department they work for.

I am trying to use an Advanced Filter which will give me a list on another
worksheet of those staff who started after a particular date but, for some
reason, I can't get it to work.

My 'criteria' looks like:-

Name Start Date
01/01/05

I have made sure that al the cells containing dates are formatted in the
same way but it still doesn't work.

I have created quite a few filters and they have all worked fine, apart from
when I try to use dates.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong???

Thank you.

Louise