Ron Rosenfeld

Default Vlookup is not enough ... can OFFSET be used ?

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 04:40:02 -0700, Brian Ferris
wrote:

Hi there,

Please help me out with the folliwing query. This is my data which I wish to
lookup:

Group name

12 Brian
33 Norman
12 Victor
12 Sonia
25 Mary
33 Horris
25 Peter
44 james
66 Holden

I wish to select say groups 12 & 33 and wish to obtain the following answer
(i.e. list all under each other who belong to that group) Thereof

12 Brian
12 Victor
12 Sonia
33 Norman
33 Horris

Is this possible ... I hope I made myself clear enough. If not, please reply
and I will elaborate further.

Thanks,
Brian

Without using VBA, the simplest method would be to first sort the data by
Group; and then use the AutoFilter to select the groups. You can select two
individual groups or you could probably combine some of the other operators to
come up with other combinations.

If that is not enough, you could use the Advanced Filter with criteria ranges.

All of the above are options under the Data menu at the top menu bar.

--ron