DianeMcP

Default Forcing a specific date format

Just sent it, Anne
--
Thanks,
Diane

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Is it possible to see your files? Send to ng@ (my website).
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"DianeMcP" wrote in message
Hi Anne,
Nope, that didn't work. I've tried the setting for date and picking an
existing sample of 14-Mar-01 and also custom and typing in dd-mmm-yy. It
still keeps the incorrect date format.
Any other ideas?
--
Thanks,
Diane

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Diane: It sounds like maybe those entries are being seen as text? Can you
check for us? Copy any BLANK cell. Select those weird cells. Hit
Edit--Paste special, Add. Then reformat however you want again. Does
that
work?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"DianeMcP" wrote in message
Update: I tried the custom and "dd-mmm-yy" - and it still does not
change
an
entry from Sept 20, 2005 to 20-Sept-05. Any other suggestions, anyone?
Diane

Hi Anne,

When I went back into the spreadsheet, I just chose one of the date
formats
that were already there, and it showed 04-Mar-05....it was probably me
that
assumed that the formatting in the code was dd-mon-yy.

I've gone back into it and used "custom" and put in dd-mmm-yy.

--
Thanks,
Diane

--
Thanks,
Diane

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Likely because it should be dd-mmm-yy, not dd-mon-yy.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"DianeMcP" wrote in message
I've set the date format within the cells to appear as dd-mon-yy
(12-Oct-05)....Doesn't excel automatically change an entry entered
as
Oct
12
2005 to 12-Oct-05?

If it is supposed to do that, why are my cells not automatically
reformatting to the syntax I want?
--
Thanks,
Diane