garfield-n-odie

Default Excel loads slow

Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop,
left-click on Disconnect Network Drive, and disconnect any mapped
drives that are not currently available.

Shane wrote:

We just recently upgraded to XP SP2 with Office XP SP3. Before, on 2000, our
users did not have a problem opening files from a certain directory. Now,
while in Excel, the click the open folder and it takes 30-45 seconds for them
to navigate to each folder in the directory. Any thoughts as to why XP is
slower when drilling down through the folders? Thanks.