Niek Otten

Default how do I interupt excel 2003 calculations?

Sure!
You might have to (un)check ToolsOptionsCalculationRecalculate before
save, though, to take full effect

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
But I could interrupt the calculation, save the workbook and then
recalculate
(fully) later.

Niek Otten wrote:

Anyway, I don't think you can save partially calculated workbooks and
continue calculating at the interruption point later.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Just a guess...

I just hit the escape key to interrupt long calculations in my workbook
(no
server involved).

But you may want to toggle this setting:
Tools|options|calculation tab
turn on manual calculation

And if you do go to manual calculation, you may want to clear the
"recalculate
before save" box.

But that's just a guess,

Good luck.

pulvog wrote:

In Excel 2003, I have spreadsheets that contain calls to a server.
The
can
take many hours to calculate. How can I interrupt Excel so I can save
the
partially calculated spreadsheet?

--

Dave Peterson