FLKULCHAR

Default NORMAL DISTRIBUTION

I do not know how to add fill for the D part!!

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

Hi,

First of all I want to clarify that this is not my site. It belongs to
Tushar Mehta (http://www.tushar-mehta.com).

I haven't checked the addin, but follow the method on his site by entering
the range -4 to 4 in column A, you could skip column B for mean=0 and
stdev=1. In C, enter the formula for Normdist as mentioned on the site.

Now the extra part. In column D, enter
=IF(A2<=$K$1,NORMDIST(B2,0,1,FALSE),0)
or
=IF(A2<=$K$1,NORMDIST(B2,$F$1,$H$1,$D$1),0)
where K1 has a z value, the left of which you want the portion blackened.

Now plot both the columns (C and D) in an area chart with no fill for the C
plot, and a black fill for the D part.

E.g. The cell K1 will have a z value like say -1, and in the area chart will
have the area left of -1 blackened.

Using TRUE in column C formula will give you the cummulative distribution.

Mangesh

"FLKULCHAR" wrote in message
I do not know who you are, but I am very impressed. I am a
Calculus/Statistics instructor; I only wish to apply my extensive
mathematical skills with EXCEL; your site is certainly great...

Next, can you possibly help me with the (integral..under the curve)...I
believe we insert true...,etc?

"FLKULCHAR" wrote:

I know EXCEL has functions for both the NORMAL DISTRIBUTION and the
cumulative value thereof...

but is it possible to graph this data..

(I imagine if I sort the data and then calculate the cum. distributions

into
a column...then chart it, it should work; BUT IS THERE ANOTHER WAY?)

thank you,

FLKULCHAR