Biff

Default Any way to count cells contining one, or more STRIKETHROUGHS?

Hi!

There's a *real clunky* formula method to do this but a VBA UDF or macro
would be much better. If nobody posts a VBA solution I'll be back and post
the formula method.

Biff

"Father Guido" wrote in message

I'm using XL2002 and am looking to count the number of cells in a
column that have words struck out. In my case all the words in each
cell are either all struck out, or none are struck out.

First I can't figure out what character a strikethrough is, anyone
know? And I can't get the CODE because excel will only return the code
for the first character in a cell, which is nothing when there is
nothing in the cell, even if you pre-select strikethrough from format
cells.

In the end I'm looking to make an array formula that will tell me how
many cells have a strikethrough AND match another condition.

I would be very happy just counting the first character of the cells
if that makes life any easier.

Preferably I'm looking for a formula to do this, but will settle for a
VBA solution if necessary. 8^)

Thanks,

Norm