BenjieLop

Lynn Q Wrote:
Hi again,

Well, you know that was the formula I had except that I was using the
differential (c2-c1) in another column (d) and dividing that by the
litres
in (b).

The vehicle in question tells me it's using 13 km/litre; whereas my
calculations are falling around 6.5. Odd, that.

So, any other ideas? Or is the vehicle display likely the error?

Thanks again.

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

The formula given to you (and the one you are using) is correct.

How does the vehicle in question tell you that it is using 13 km per.
Is this the rated mileage? If this (13 kpl) is indeed the rated
mileage, note that the actual consumption is always lower than the
rated.

--
BenjieLop

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11019