Peo Sjoblom

Default Finding the last row in a spreadsheet

It's because you don't use empty as opposed to space " " is a space and it
is better to use "" instead, change IF to

=IF(C80,SUM(B8:C8),"")

then change LOOKUP to

=LOOKUP(2,1/(D2:D35<""),D2:D35)

Peo Sjoblom

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all. I'm a relative newbie to using Excel and am stumped.

I'm trying to find the last (non-zero) value in a column. The cells
all have a function in them presently like =IF(C80,SUM(B8:C8)," ")
presently so that the cell truly is not empty. I've tried using
=LOOKUP(2,1/(D2:D3500),D2:D350) but it displays nothing since all the
cells have a value (the function above).

How do I find the last cell having a numeric value (which is what the
first function provides)? Any help is greatly appreciated.