Jay

Default Leave cell data (IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP) is TRUE instead of returning blank (" ") or #NA

Ok. Maybe I should clarify.

My requirement is -
I have two spreadsheets (SS1 & SS2) with, say, two columns (A & B)
each.

My source list is SS1-Columns A&B.
My target list is SS2-Columns A&B.

I'd like to lookup items in target SS2-Col A in source SS1-Col A and if
there is a match
- REPLACE target SS2-Col B with source SS1- Col B.
If there is NO match
- Leave target SS2-Col B alone without replacing it with blank, 0 or
#NA.

I was typing the IF<ISNA<VLOOKUP formula (in previous email) in the
target SS2-Col B cell and expecting it to either REPLACE or retain the
previous value it had before the formula was typed - bummer.

Well, if I can't use this formula to do that, How could I do this?
- Thanks