Brad

Default Help! How can I get data from one sheet to another

Thank you for your help. I have also found a way using Index and Match but
it is much harder. This will be alot easier.

Thanks again.

"Mladen_Dj" wrote:

"Brad" wrote in message
I am trying to associate a cost with each item number and when I add an
item
number in another sheet in one cell, I want the associated cost to be
placed
in another cell.

You can use VLOOKUP function. First you must have pricelist table where each
item number have coresponding cost in another column. Than in second sheet
you put item number for example in A1, then in B1 put formula
"=VLOOKUP(A1,pricelist,2,FALSE), where pricelist is range which containes
item numbers and coresponding costs (use absolute reference), 2 is index
number of cost column in pricelist, and FALSE is logical argument which
specifies do we want exact or aproximate match (in this case when it is
FALSE function returns exact value).