Debra Dalgleish

Default Data Validation - 2 items for the same drop box

You could do this with programming. There's a sample workbook on my web
site that shows a product name and code in the Data Validation dropdown
list. After an item is selected, the cell shows only the product name.
You may be able to adapt this to your workbook.

On the following page:

Under Data Validation, look for "Data Validation Columns"

KimStarbase wrote:
What I am trying to achieve is a drop down list that would look something
like this:

D1a - suipplies
F1g - cell phones
C2a - travel
E4b - computers

and so on and so forth. I can do that.
What I would like to happen though is in the same cell that the drop down
box is in (a29) I would like to select one of those options and only have
D1a, or F1f, ect show up in the cell. The words are just references to my
budget, and I don't nned them after I selected the right one. Is this
possible?
I am somewhat new to excel and have never went into the visual basic editor
and I don't have clue on how to use it.
Thanks for all your help

--
Debra Dalgleish