Anne Troy

Default My links no longer work . . .

Well, the only thing I could think is that someone did a find and replace,
not realizing it could affect such a thing. I'd have to have specific
examples of what the old link was and the new link--the more examples the
better, of course.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"mike" wrote in message
If you mean did somebody make changes that may make the links not work,
the
answer is no. The links will work if I open all relevant files. If you
mean
that using a find and replace in general will cause problems -- This is
possible.
If you read this Anne can you elaborate?

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Somebody did a find and replace in your file?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"mike" wrote in message
The first thing you will ask is . . did you move the file? The answer
is
no.
Here's my problem: I have developed fully functional MES and MRP system
with
excel. I may have pushed the envelope of what excel can be expected to
do
as
the MRP workbook itself is about 15 MB and contains several hundred
links.
was very impressed that excel was able to handle this . . . until today
(the
system worked quite well for about 6 mos). Now, when I open any of my
main
files and update, I only get returns of info on apparently random
links.
The
majority of them don't work. I am not aware of any changes done that
may
account for this -- and why do some links work and some don't (same
type
of
info from same file - even same column but randomly only a few work)
Please,
I need to know of as many possible reasons this may have happened so I
can
work on a solution. If I find it, I will post as I see others have had
similar problems.Thanks