Anne Troy

Default I want to merge two columns

Hi, Andrew. Here ya go:
--click the column letter to the RIGHT of your 2 columns and hit
Insert--Column.
--select the new blank column and make sure it's formatted as General
--in the new blank column, probably the 2nd row if you have headings, type
=A2&B2
Copy down using the fill handle:
Then, with all the cells STILL selected, hit Copy. Hit Edit--Paste Special,
choose Values, OK.
Then delete your original columns.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Andrew" wrote in message
Hi, My problem is that I have two colums of data in a worksheet, the first
is
a prefix to the part number
i.e. AB
The second is a part number
i.e. 123456789

My list is 8800 numbers long and I want a quick way to merge these comuns
together but keep the rows.

Thankyou in advance,
Andrew

P.S. don't know if it's important but running XP Pro SP2 and Office 2003