Peo Sjoblom

Default Remove or change password protected excel file

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Odawg" wrote in message
Hello all Excel Guru's:

We have a small problem that we need assistance with. We have a excel
file that is password protected and at the time was created and
maintained by a former employee.

For the past several weeks now, we have not accessed the file because
we never really had a need to do so; until now.

The spreadsheet needs to be updated and modified to accomendate new
data that it is pulling in from a bloomberg terminal. No one seems to
recall what the password is and when we tried contacting the former
employee, the password that is given is also incorrect.

Is there a way via MACRO or Add-in that we can write or load to reveal
the password? I hate to have to re-do this spreadsheet if I don't
have to.

Any and all help in this matter is greatly appreciated.