KR

Default need a refresher: text boxes on charts that use relational formulas?

Most excellent- I was trying to cram the formula directly into the textbox,
and as you can imagine, I was unsuccessful.
Thanks for the help!
Keith

"Andy Pope" wrote in message

The textboxes can be linked to cells. The cells hold the formulas.
To link a textbox to a cell just select the textbox and then goto the
formula bar, F2, and type = and then click the required cell. Or you can
manually type the cell reference, for example =Sheet1!$A$1

This explains linking the charttitle to a cell but the principle works
for textboxes in a chart.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

Cheers
Andy

KR wrote:
I could have sworn that a long time ago, I set up one or more text boxes

on
a graph that had formulas in them, so the text that was showing would
automatically change each month.

I'm now using Win2000/XL2003, and not having much luck- I want to put my
legend on the bottom, then a text box under it where I will show 3

values
(one for each legend item) to provide some additional information on the
graph. I have too many graphs to do this and have to update it all

manually.

What is the best approach to use, to link the contents of my text box

(or
similar) to the contents of a cell that on my sheet?

Thanks!
Keith

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel