Rowan Drummond

Default How to lookup row # based on content of another column's cell

Then maybe in G2 enter:
=IF(F2="X",D2+(E2*4),0)
copy down as required.

Hope this helps
Rowan

Mr. Jan Park wrote:
Mr. Phillips,
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, my original description was too
simplistic. The precise operation I need to do for the row of expense data
of which the cell in column F contain an "X" is, "=D?+(E?*4)" with "?"
representing the # of the row that contains the "X" in column F.

Jan park

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Assuming the x in column F, expense data in D & E, then

=SUMPRODUCT((F2:F20="x")*(D2:E20))

--

HTH

RP

"Mr. Jan Park" wrote in message

I have a 3 column table with 20 rows. The first two columns contain

travel

expense data. The cells in the third column are blank exept for whichever
cell I enter an "x" in. Please let me what formula or worksheet function

do

I use to calculate the travel expenses based on the data in the first two
columns that correspond to the row of the cell with an "x" in the third
column?

Thank You!