Princess V

Sorry,

Let me elaborate some more.

In a spreadsheet of my own (a lot bigger then the one I have shown below) I
have to count everything except for certain things. Is there a symbol that
means "does not equal to?" I know that greater than is and less then is <
etc....what is does not equal?

So for example, I want to count everything except apples and blanks in the
columns:

Column A Column B Column C
Apple Green Big
Apple Red Small
Pear Green Big
Orange Peach Big
Apple Green Big
Peach Red Small
Blank Blank Blank
Blank Blank blank (these kind of blank lines will be part of
the range specified)

Thanks.

"Princess V" wrote:

This was of great help. So lets say I want to obtain a count of the reverse.
That is everything except for the big green apples?

"Aladin Akyurek" wrote:

You need a formula for multiconditional counting...

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$10="Apple"),--($B$2:$B$10="Green"),--($C$2:$C$10="Big"))

Princess V Wrote:
I have a worksheet with data. There are several filters on this
worksheet.
I need to obtain a count based on several criteria. What I need is a
count
such as this.

Column A Column B Column C
Apple Green Big
Apple Red Small
Pear Green Big
Orange Peach Big
Apple Green Big

I need to know how I can (on a separate worksheet) obtain a count of
all the
Big Green Apples on this worksheet. The answer should be 2.

Any Help?
PS: I dont have SQL or Excel Add in etc. Just a vanilla version of
Excel.

--
Aladin Akyurek
Aladin Akyurek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4165