LisaK

Default no warning file in use

Hi. I've got a question about a shared Excel file stored on Windows 2000
server. This file is accessed by two different Windows XP end users running
Excel 2002 on their machines. Recently these two different end users have
been accessing the same shared Excel file simultaneously without the usual
file lock or warning that the file is in use. Sometimes they get the
warning, sometimes not. When they don't, they assume they have rights to
save to the file, only to find later on that their changes were not saved.

I'm having both check for updates so that their Microsoft software is current.

Any clues what's going on?