Frank Kabel

Hi
=INDEX(A1:A100,MATCH(MIN(B1:B100),B1:B100,0))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Josh7777777" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...

I'm having trouble finding a way to perform a function in excel.
hopefully someone here can help me out.

I have a spreadsheet with several hundred rows of data in it. Column

of each row is a text name, and Column B is a numerical value.

At the end of the worksheet, I'd like to display the name and

numerical
value of the row with the lowest number in column B.

I can't simply sort the entire worksheet though, because I'd like it

stay in alphabetical order.

Returning the lowest numerical value is easy. I can just take the
minimum of column B. What I'm having trouble with, is finding a way

return the text value in column A based on that number in B.

Any ideas?

THanks in advance

Josh

--