Dropdown despair!

Default How do I show the contents of a dropdown without showing the box?

Please help
I am currently completing an invoicing spreadsheet which contain dropdowns.
As the person that originally created the document has left the business I
have no one else to ask. I can create drop downs with only one problem, the
selected value within the drop down does not print. Ideally I would like to
show the drop down on screen, print the selected content but not the box or
dropdown arrow.

Can anyone help and let me know what I'm doing wrong.