William Horton

Default multiple selections in a sumif functions

Frank,

Copy the below formula exactly like it is (including dashes --) in whatever
cell you want the answer. I am assuming your data is in cells A2:C9.
Therefore, you may have to change the data ranges.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A9="cost"),--(B2:B9="apple"),C2:C9)

This should produce the answer of 80 that you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

Bill Horton

"Frank" wrote:

Can someone please help me with the following problem as a whole day of
surfing over the internet did not help:

I want to make a selection that when column A is cost and column B is apple
that the answer is 80 (sum of column C) as in the spreadsheet below:
A B C
cost apple 10
cost tomato 20
revenue apple 50