Gary Rowe

Default AHHHH-Get Data from Multiple Excel workbooks

4 - How do I create a query in Excel (MS query) from the Data Import
External Data New Data Base Query command.

Select Data Import External Data New Data Base Query. Choose excel
file as your datasource and select the workbook with your data. In the Add
Tables box select the options button and check the system table box and your
sheets should be listed. Select your sheet, select which columns and return
data.

"JAA149" wrote:

Dear All,
I am going down real bad.
1 - I have many excel workbooks. Let's say around 30.
2 - Each workbook contains only 1 sheet or may in the future contain more
sheets.
3 - Each sheet contains list of data with dynamic named ranges which expand
as new data is entered.
4 - How do I create a query in Excel (MS query) from the Data Import
External Data New Data Base Query command.
5 - I tried everything. Nothing works. I can not add a second excel workbook
while I want to add as many workbboks as I want say 30. The Owner & Table
Add Table Workbook options in MS Query become disabled. How do I add other
workbooks?
6 - I want to use the data for Pivot tables for multiple consildation ranges.
7 - The problem is it can be used for multiple sheets in a single workbook
by using Join in the MS Query. I want to use multiple sheets in multiple
workbooks for the data source.

Help will be highly appreciated.

Regards