Bob Phillips

Default OK, a really tricky one now for Excel gurus!

Simple VLOOKUP

=VLOOKUP(A1,'Data B Sheetname'!A1:B3000,2,False)

--

HTH

RP

"tim :/" wrote in message
A perfect response before, this time a little trickier!

I have two data sources:

Data A) a column of approx. 3000 cells featuring the 'Post Code' only from

database of addresses.
Data B) The Australian postcode database as found and downloaded from the
below link:

http://www1.auspost.com.au/postcodes/index.asp?sub=2

What I want to happen is each postcode from source 'A' to match up with

the
corresponding post code from source 'B' (this is in column A). Once it
matches, the 'Delivery Office' (column E) is to appear in column B of Data
Source Sheet A....I can then sort my data by delivery office...

I hope that makes sense!!

Many thanks
Tim.