Danielle

Default want to 'share' a workbook but Says Read only'when others try

Thanks for replying....But that box is not 'checked' in the first place??
What else could I be missing? I can not work out why I cannot share
workbooks with the ability for others to save an update. It still keeps
saying 'Read only' whicj defeats the purpose of Sharing a workbook?

"ramana" wrote:

Hi Danielle,

You check Tools -- Options -- Security -- Uncheck the button
Readonly Recommended.

Regards

Ramana

Danielle wrote:
I am trying to make a work book 'shared' so other people can open it up and
make changes etc..then save it. But every time another user then goes to open
the work book, it comes up 'read only'. I have ticked the box that says
'Allow Changes by more than 1 user at the same time' but that does not seem
to have any effect. What am I forgetting?