George Gee

Default Pointer problem

Ralphael1 wrote:
CyberTaz wrote:
Hello-

Both Drag & Drop and AutoFill are controlled by that one checkbox,
so it seems that something more needs to be known in order to offer
a suggestion.

Which version of XL & Windows, what do you mean by "pull down cell
numbering"? What exactly are you trying to do, & what is happening
instead?

snip
Hello Taz:
Many, many thanks for the response, and more thanks for requesting
more facts.
Sorry my post was not understandable. Here is what I was doing:
I was working with a spreadsheet trying to number each line of entry
as 1, 2, 3 etc. I put the 1 in row one and the 2 in row two and when I
attempted to pick up the cross to automatic number the rest of the
column I must have inadvertenly hit a key and a fat cross came up, not
the skinny cross I needed. It seems to work like a cursor but I cannot
drag down the numbers.
The fat cross is also on all other worksheets. It is only in Excel.
I am using Excel 2000 and Windows XP.

On my knees, begging for a solution.

Ralphael, the OLD one

Ralphael

The 'pointer' in Excel *is* a 'white fat cross'.

George Gee