RagDyer

Default change ten digits in a cell to include phone # formats

Have you tried,
<Format <Cells <Number tab,
And click on "Special", and choose "Phone Number"
?
--
HTH,

RD

"Judi Mason" <Judi wrote in message
I need to change a cell with ten digits to include the phone number format
characters. Not just in the "view", but in the actual cell. The cell

needs
to be changed from "1234567890" to "(123) 456-7890", including the space
after the area code. I am importing an excel file of phone numbers and

the
contents need to be exact. Any suggestions?