Tasza

Default Links auto update on some workbooks but not others

The set up:
I have a Summary workbook that is linked to several Platform workbooks. The
Platform workbooks take their Start Date and other information from the
Summary workbook (a simple '=C12'). The Summary workbook in turn takes totals
from the Platform workbooks and uses them in calculations. All of the
workbooks are in the same folder on a network.

The problem:
Exactly half of the Platform workbooks are still producing the error message
'This workbook contains one or more links that cannot be updated'. I have
marked the 'Don't display the alert and update' choice in the Startup Prompt,
and cleared the 'Ask to update' choice in the Options. When I choose the
'Edit links' option on the error message, the source status registers as
"Ok".

I can't figure out what I did differently, linking the second half of the
Platform workbooks back to the Summary workbook. I need the Platform
workbooks to open and update independently, without prompting the user, and
preferably without requiring the Summary workbook to be opened first. I have
tried clearing the link, saving, and re-linking, but continue to have the
same problem.

Any ideas? Thanks!