Gord Dibben

Default Changing Date Format

Try DataText to ColumnsNextNextColumn Data FormatDateYMDFinish

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:50:19 +0530, stittal
wrote:

I know this seems like an easy one, but I am working on a research
project for the Director of the program that I work for and I need to
change the way birthdate is formatted in a particular column. It reads
year first and then month and day.. 20051024 and he wants it to read
10/24/2005. I assumed I could just go to formatting and change it and
it will not let me. There are 6900 some odd records so there is no
possible way to do them manually.. Can anyone help?