Andy

Default Still can select locked cells in protected sheet

Ron,

What is it that doesn't work in Excel 2000 (I have 2002), that cells I
lock can be changed by a 2000 user even though I protected the
worksheet?

Andy

Hi andy

If the user is using Excel 2000 this is not working
This was added in 2002

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Andy" wrote in message ...
When I protect a sheet, and the only action allowed is "Select
unlocked cells", the user cannot select any locked cells, which is
what I want.

When I save the sheet, and then reopen it, the user can select locked
cells. It doesn't do him any good, since he can't alter the cell. If
he tries, he gets an error message advising him that the cell is
protected.

If I unprotect and re-protect the sheet, the behavior goes back to not
even being able to select the locked cells.

Is there a way to ensure that behavior when the locked worksheet is
re-opened?

TIA,

Andy