Jeff Farrar

Default If..then quesiton.

Okay, hopefully this is an easy one. I am trying to write a sheet that
keeps entering different values into a formula until the result of that
formal results in an acceptable answer compared to another value. It's a
stress calculation for plate thicknesses. I want it to try a thickness
(lets say 1/8" or .125) and if that result (a stress) is greater than the
allowable stress it would try the next thickness up. I could live with it
trying values in incriminates (lets say it bumps the value up 0.0313 each
time) or compare it to a chart of known plate thicknesses (1/16", 1/8",
3/16", etc.).

I keep wanting to use the old loop

IF X Y THEN
Z=Z+0.0313

etc.....and have it keep looping around. How is this done in excel.

THANKS!!!