Delaina

Default Zero's # 2

I had posted before about displaying zero's. I wasn't quite as detailed
as I should've been with what I needed help on.

I have ID numbers that are 9 digits long and need to be in this formant

##-#######

I need this format to transfer into a mail merge word document, so I
need the hyphen to show up when merged. I tried doing the first 2
numbers in one column and the 2nd set in another column so I could add
the hyphen in the document and one field on one side; vice versa, but
both columns will have zero's as starting numbers and it seems excel
doesn't like it.

So my question is this:

A) Can you get a way to have the hyphen show on the merged document
from excel when it is the format that gives the cell the hyphen?

Or

B) Is there some way I can get excel to let me have numbers starting
with one or two zeros?

Thanks for all your help-my brain is FRIED!

--
Delaina
Delaina's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24151