sriramus

Default multiple select from the drop down list in excel. list in one sheet and drop down in

Hi,

i want to include multiple select in my drop down list which is created
in excel.

i have the list in sheet 2 and the drop down appears in sheet 1.

i got to know this can be done with a macro and there was some
information but it wasnt useful for me.

can any one please help me with this , if i need to write a macro, how
do i go about doing that.

-The steps i followed to create the drop down are. (i followed the
below link)

dhttp://spreadsheets.about.com/od/exceltutorialsandtips/ss/blexdropboxes_6.htm

1. Used a new worksheet for lists. Entered the data for the list in a
column.
Once entered all the data for the list, selected the data.

2. In the "Insert" menu, selected "Name" then "Define".

3. In the box under "Names in Workbook", entered the name for the
range. saw the range selected in the "Refers to:" box. Clicked "Add".
Clicked "OK" to close the window.

4. went to worksheet where i want the drop down box to appear. Made
the active cell the one where i want the list to appear . In the
"Data" menu, selected "Validation".

5. From the "Allow:" drop down box, selected "List". A new selection
appeared- "Source:". In that box typed "=" and then the name of my
range. "In-cell Dropdown" box was ticked. Clicked "OK" .

6. When i clicked in the cell that selected, i see a drop down box
with list appearing.-

--
sriramus
sriramus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28208