Tony Canevaro

Default Newbie question Pulling data from one sheet to another based on

Okay,
Forgive me ahead of time, I really don't know much about Excel. I can
work with templates and create simple formulas but alot of what I read
here comes across as "Excelspeak" to me.

Here is what I want to do:

I have a price list sheet created. This price list has cells labled by
name and then "duration", basically for every item there are four
prices, based on duration of a rental or sale. I want to create a quote
program that will pull data from the price list based on the quantities
entered in the quote program.

For example
Price list is "System A, description, $1, $7, $14, $100"
Each of these items divided by commas is a different cell so my plan is
to basically duplicate the price list on another sheet with no prices
displayed but when I ented a number into the respective column for each
duration the program pulls the base data and multiplies it by the number
entered and only displays this number. Then of course there are sums and
sales taxes etc but I think I can do that already.

Sorry, I know I'm not decribing this accurately but I hope you get the
gist of what I am trying to do. I have tried to get "help" within Excel
but, frankly I just don;t follow most of what is said.

Help

--
Tony Canevaro
Tony Canevaro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28292