Anne Troy

Default Secondary subtotals

Do it the other way around, Dino. Do the "lesser" grouping first (the one
that will group lesser records at a time), so do by City first, then by
State. You should be fine.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Diane" wrote in message
I have a database I want to subtotal by both State and City. So for
example, I want to see subtotals for individual towns such Dallas, Houston,
Cleveland and Toledo, but then I want to see totals for Texas and Ohio.

I sorted first by State, then City and created subtotals for the sales
amounts based on the State. All is OK.

I created the secondary subtotal just like the first one except at each
change in City, and I told it not to replace subtotals. It doesn't look
right. Does any of this make sense? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

TIA
Dino