Will in SF

Default Grade book average formula

Thanks to everyone that posted to this question.

I am going to check the formulas out.

Biff- I tried yours but it didn't work. I don't know what you meant by
(array using shift control delete keys.

So here's how this information is listed on a report that I have to avg. the
grades for.

Col. A Col. B Col C. Col. D. Col E Col.
F Col. g GPA
Student Name I.D. Grade Grade Grade Grade Grade

Students have anywhere from 1 class to 5 class, meaning averaging based on
letter grades advised and based on different number of classes taken.

Any suggestions as to how I can do this.

thanks.

"Dana DeLouis" wrote:

If you use Data | Validation to ensure that you only have A,B,C,D or F (& no
blanks), then perhaps this Array formula...

=AVERAGE(MOD(2530,CODE(A1:A5)-59))

HTH :)
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"Will in SF" <Will in wrote in message
Hi.

I need a formula that averages grades with the following values...
A=4,B=3,C=2,D=1,F=0. I am entering the actual letter grades in the cell.