Nick Hodge

Default Excel 2003 doesn't prompt to save on exit?

Mole Chaser

This is not standard behaviour. You should check you have no code in your
personal.xls for example or any add-ins loading that are marking any
workbooks as 'clean' and therefore not displaying a prompt to save.

Bear in mind to however that using the 'X' at the top of the application
operates totally differently to Word for example which closes the document.
XL closes the application and any workbooks within. It should show a prompt
however, but if multiple workbooks are open it only asks once if you answer
'No'

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Mole Chaser" <Mole
wrote in message
The rest of the Office 2003 suite does prompt to save a new or changed
file,
but Excel does not. This has cost me lots of re-work when I get in a hurry
or
have multiple windows open and inadvertently click to close the wrong
window
or app.

It happens 100% of the time, for a new file or a modified file.