Roland

Default Test for a negative #

I'm going to take a wild guess that the source of your problem is arithmetic
with negative numbers, that when you say you want to subtract the negative
number, what you really mean is subtract the absolute value of the negative
number, and when you say you want to add the value, you mean you want to add
the absolute value of the test value.

"Alex" wrote:

I need to test a cell value to determine if is negative or positive. If
negative, the value gets subtracted from partA and added to partB. If
positive, it gets added to partA and subtracted from partB. I've seen a few
posts close to this problem, but not close enough to help me. I'm stumped,
my "if" statements keep running me in circles. I've got plenty of room
offscreen to do this evaluation, but ... .

Thanks!